Thursday, April 8, 2010

one on one

my manager talked to me this morning. well, it was the scheduled quarterly meet. whatever I want to say daw to the management, I can tell him. It was my chance to tell them what I feel and would like the management to know. But that meeting was an informal one.

first, I told him that I still need training on webMethods. I cannot support the application 100 percent as I am not that sure of myself in supporting the said application. he said to send me an email of what training I need to attend.

second, I told him about the work environment. kasi nga di ba, we dont have permanent seat here in the office, and the cubicles we are using was alloted for other team. And whenever they are here na in the office, we need to evacuate. now, who would be inspired in the said scenario?

continuing the story since I draft it when I left the office this morning.

I also told him about our other officemate that was uber reklamador. and that he doesn't have a free will to get ticket from the queue. he won't bother, cause for him tickets more than five under his name are already beyond his limit. sigh..

and about me, he asked me to document about the application I support. he already asked me if I have any documents or all the knowledge is just inside my brain, I told him that I had a document already and it was given to other two members of the team, that whenever I am not around and something went wrong, they can check the application.

and also, he told me that the management did not allow me to have an above expectation rating for last year. why? because for them I am still new and that my experience wont give me that AE grade. and my manager told me don't take it negatively. honestly speaking? I don't care what they say. As far as I am good with my own standards and I meet them, I do feel good. I know the business. I don't expect to be recognize. I am not thirsty for it. Respect is a word you need to earn. Recognition is another thing.

and lastly, dont ever talk in tagalog if ever we do have any issue. so that this one person in the team can participate. what my mind telling me? whenever we asked him, he would always say - "I do not know".

now you judge..

david.edward signing off.....

No comments: